The center is looking to hire a BALLET TEACHER to join the team.
Haraka Center for Movement Arts is a one-of-a-kind dance center located in Kuwait. The newly opened dance center focuses on building quality dance education in the performing arts here in the Middle East. The dance training disciplines include Ballet, Modern, and Contemporary Dance for students ages 4-18.
The team includes dance educators that are PASSIONATE and DRIVEN to join the center's mission of cultivating a society that appreciates the Art of Movement.
About The Center:
HARAKA CENTER FOR MOVEMENT ARTS (HCMA) is a space where you can just be. The center is for women of all ages, dance backgrounds, and levels, to explore and express their passion to move.
We will teach our students technique, creativity, and improvisation to cultivate their artistic expression. Movement is the basis of all our attempts to communicate and connect with each other. We will help you find and harness your movement language, by learning how to use your body, take risks, and really let go. The classes will focus on building a solid foundation in the disciplines of ballet, modern, contemporary dance, other dance styles, and movement-based classes.
Our purpose is to support our students in search of their individuality and ultimately inspire a society of risk-takers who redefine their artistry beyond the center.
Responsibilities of this job:
· Full-Time Job (40+ Hours/week)
· Relocation to Kuwait
· Dance curriculum planning & execution
· Conduct ballet lessons to students
· Strong passion to inspire the students to appreciate different genres of music and dance
· In charge of performances and exams organization and choreography
· Establish excellent rapport with parents and children
· Organize dance events, concerts, and open houses
Required Work Experience
· A teaching license: DEA, DMA, NDEO, RAD, CDTA, ISTD, IDTA, Cecchetti USA, or similar
· Candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of teaching to students ages 4-18.
· The candidate should have an excellent command of both written and spoken English
· Excellent ability in their personal area of expertise.
· Excellent anatomical knowledge.
· Patience and an ability to communicate movement to people of all abilities.
· Ability to keep control over a large class of people.
· Friendly and sincere, good at networking.
· Good organizational skills, if self-employed.
· Energetic, driven, creative, and dependable
· A Degree in Performing Arts and/or Dance Degree
Salary Package and other benefits:
· Competitive Salary
· Extra income opportunities are available
· FREE Annual Flight Ticket Home
· FREE Health Insurance
· Paid Holidays
· Work Visa: Provided
· Housing: Provided for first 3 months
· Contract Length: 2 years contract renewable on mutual agreement
Due to the high volume of applications received only successful candidates will be contacted.